Certificate of Work Readiness
What is CWR (Certificate of Work Readiness)?
A SQA approved and nationally recognised employability qualification offering you the opportunity to gain valuable work experience and understanding of industry and business needs prove that you have the skills employers want.
- The Certificate, developed with employers, is a credible qualification that will be recognised by those assessing your future job applications. It’s aimed at getting you into work with support offered throughout.
- The Certificate is open to everyone, with priority given to:
- Identify the skills, behaviours and personal attributes that employers seek Understand and demonstrate the responsibilities and demands of the employee
- Understand and demonstrate the skills to interact with other employees and customers
- Develop core skills in communication, numeracy, ICT, working with others and problem solving to a work ready standard
- Identify and reflect on their own strengths and experiences in relation to the world of work
- 6 weeks training and development prior to undertaking a work placement
- 190 hours relevant and meaningful work placement with a reputable employer
- Must achieve approved employer assessment and evaluation to gain overall award
What Makes it Different?
Who can take part?
- 16 - 19 years old- those with a positive attitude to work - those who want to develop extra skills and who could benefit from help in getting and staying in a job.
Aims of the Award for Young Persons
See below video of Angela Constance, Cabinet Secretary for Education and Lifelong Learning, discussing the benefits of CWR.
If you would like to find out more about The Certificate of Work Readiness Award why not contact us: