What is the Employability Fund?
The Employability Fund is a National Training Programme funded by Skills Development Scotland. TIGERS currently deliver the Employability fund within Glasgow, Renfrewshire, East Dunbartonshire, South Lanarkshire and Fife for Young Persons aged 16-17 and 18+.
The aim of the Employability Fund is to support young people to gain full time employment, a Modern Apprenticeship or progression to Further Education.
What programmes can I take part in?Construction - Childcare - Mechanics - Business Admin - Customer Service/Retail - Digital Marketing
What else do I need to know about the TIGERS' Employability Fund Training?
- All TIGERS training programmes include industry specific knowledge and understanding, employability skills, core skills and personal development.
- Every trainee is given an Individual Training Plan which will be agreed and reviewed on a regular basis with your Trainer/Assessor
- Approx 6 – 8 weeks in training - 9am - 3pm - Monday to Thursday.
- Trainees who can demonstrate acceptable levels of attendance, good timekeeping, use of initiative and willingness to learn will undertake a meaningful and relevant work placement within the industry of their choice.
- Approx 6 – 8 weeks in work placement - up to 30 hours a week - Monday to Thursday.
- All trainees will undertake a formal SQA qualification at SCQF level 4 or above, e.g. Certificate of Work Readiness, Employability Award, Core Skills as well as undertake soft skills training e.g. Motivation, Assertiveness, Goal Setting, Confidence Building.
- Most young persons will qualify for a training allowance of £55 per week following a check for eligibility.
- Travel Expenses are available for eligible trainees.
Will I be given the opportunity to gain work experience?
Will I receive a formal qualification?
Do you receive wages for attending?
What about travel expenses?
If you would like more information or to apply please contact us:
"Renfrewshire Employbility Fund Trainee, Martin Kyle undertaking his CWR work placement with Phoenix Honda"